Stoneham Drain Cleaning
Expert Drain Repair & Installation in Boston & North Shore
Dirty drains can cause a whole mess of issues. If your drain has not been cleaned recently, it can lead to clogs and other issues that can stop you in your tracks. That's where Prometheus Home Services can help! We are here to assist you with all of your drain needs, offering local drain cleaning and installation services throughout Stoneham, Arlington, Boston, Newton, North Shore, and beyond. And with a free evaluation from our team of plumbing experts, we will help you understand what is causing your drain issues and help get them fixed.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Drain Blockages?
Because your drains are one of the most regularly used parts of your home, things such as grease, food particles, hair, or even soap scum can accumulate over time and cause clogs to start to form. In fact, one of the most common causes of drain blockages is the buildup of materials within your pipes from items being tossed down the drain or flushed down the toilet. It’s important to note, however, that this is not the only cause of drain clogs – be aware of the following issues that can all contribute to a blockage forming.
Other Common Causes of Clogged Drains:
- Tree roots infiltrating through the pipes
- Mineral and scale buildup from hard water
- Small objects getting stuck within the pipes
- Corrosion from outdated piping material
- Incorrect installation of the drain lines initially
By better understanding the potential causes of drain clogs you can take the necessary steps to help prevent these blockages from forming in the future. To find out more, give our Stoneham drain cleaning pros a call today!
Do I Need Drain Cleaning?
When was the last time your drains had a thorough cleaning? Drains that have not been properly maintained, can be susceptible to clogging. This can lead to a whole range of other issues that can severely impact your whole home’s plumbing and/or sewer system if not addressed quickly. Therefore, we recommend watching for any signs that could indicate you're in need of drain cleaning services.
Signs You Need Drain Cleaning:
- Bad odors: If your drain is emitting bad smells, it can mean that there is a clog or blockage lurking in your system
- Strange sounds: Unusual noises such as gurgling or grumbling can mean that there are things trapped in your plumbing that should not be there
- Slow draining: Dirty or clogged pipes can drain slowly, but this can be easily fixed with a thorough cleaning.
Schedule your drain cleaning in Stoneham today by contacting us online.
What Happens if You Leave a Drain Clogged for Too Long?
When a drain becomes clogged, water cannot flow freely through the pipes, which means that it will begin to pool and stagnate. Over time the clog will continue to grow, if left untreated, leading to an obstruction forming. This can then cause excess pressure within the piping which can lead to the pipe cracking, breaking, or even bursting in severe enough cases. When this happens, your home is at risk of water damage which can result in costly repairs, as well as the potential for mold growth to occur which can be hazardous to your health.
Therefore, to avoid any damage to your Stoneham home and plumbing, it’s imperative you take preventative measures to keep your drains clear of any clogs.
How to Prevent Clogged Drains:
- Watch what you toss down the kitchen sink or toilet
- Purchase drain screens to catch any hair, debris, or soap scum from going down the drains
- Store all grease and cooking fat in a container and dispose of it in the trash
- Regularly flush your drains with hot water
- Avoid putting any chemical cleaners down the drain that could harm the pipes
- Routinely clear your drain stoppers of any build-up
- Invest in regular drain cleaning services and maintenance